Manlid seals for tank containers
1. Halo manlid seal
A specially developed and patented manlid seal that comprises a D-section endless ring of PTFE. Halo’s unique profile enables it to provide very high integrity sealing on most common designs of recess manlid hatches. It will efficiently replace manlid seals supplied by OEMs or those from other sources
– Very competitively priced.
– Suitable for use with chemicals and foodstuffs.
– Far greater chemical resistance than moulded seals of nitrile (NBR) – rubber or fluoroelastomer (FKM).
– Higher pressure rating than braided PTFE lid packings.
– Can be used for several cargo loads before replacement.
Halo’s construction of 100% virgin PTFE makes it chemically inert to media in the range pH 0-14 including all bulk liquid cargoes in all IMO classes. It is nonabsorbent, non-tainting, and hygienic for use with foodstuffs and edible oils.
– Tank working pressure: PV valve setting: 4.4bar
– Tank test pressure: 6.0bar
– Maximum temperature: +150°C
– Minimum temperature: -50°C
To fit 500mm and 300mm hatches. Full fitting instructions are supplied. JW tank container seal order codes
– For 300mm hatches: Halo 295320
– For 500mm hatches: Halo 490518
2. Tankatite® 880 & 880 Super braided manlid seals
Clean length form braided packings for lids and fittings on static and mobile tank containers.
– Tankatite® 880 is manufactured from an inert reinforced polypropylene yarn, impregnated with PTFE and an inert resin to provide a non-stick surface.
– Tankatite® 880 Super is designed for use on tanks that handle aggressive cargoes under an inert gas blanket. It is similar in construction to Tankatite 880, but contains a resilient core of elastomer for improved sealing performance.
– Excellent value for money.
– Equivalent performance to moulded rubber seals.
– Easy to cut and fit in small lid recesses.
– Excellent sealing capability on repeated opening/closing cycles.
– Controls emission levels from tanks.
– Protects tank contents from external contamination.
– Withstands arduous cleaning systems.
– Part of the comprehensive range of Tankatite tank lid sealing products.
Inert to media in the range pH 0-14 (except HF and certain fluorine containing compounds) and totally compatible with a full range of cargoes including chemicals, petroleum products and foodstuffs.
– Tank maximum pressure: 2bar
– Maximum temperature: +120°C
– Minimum temperature: -50°C
As coil form packing, cut lengths, or endless rings, in sections to fit popular lid recess dimensions. Full fitting instructions are supplied. Non standard sizes made to order.
Tankatite 880 — JW tank container seal order codes
– Size 14mm x 14mm section x 1625mm; cut length: STZS 14141625
– Size 14mm x 14mm section, supplied by the metre, in coiled lengths up to 50m; maximum: ZS 101414DL
– Size 10mm x 15mm section x 1625mm; cut length: STZS 10151625
– Size 10mm x 15mm section, supplied by the metre, in coiled lengths up to 50m; maximum: ZS 101015D
3. Fluoroelastomer (FKM) manlid seal
A high-integrity seal, precision moulded in James Walker’s FR10/90 high quality grade of dipolymer-based fluoroelastomer (FKM) with low compression set.
– Low compression set for excellent sealing after repeated opening/ closing cycles.
– High integrity sealing at elevated temperatures and under severe chemical conditions.
– FKM materials operate efficiently under severe chemical conditions where many other seal materials cannot survive.
– Excellent resistance to petroleum fuels and mineral based oils.
– Tank maximum pressure: 6bar
– Maximum temperature: +200°C
– Minimum temperature: -18°C
Precision moulded endless seal for 500mm hatches. Seal size 490mm ID x 520mm OD x 10mm thick, with a rectangular cross-section. Other sizes manufactured to order.
– JW tank container seal order code
– For 500mm hatches: RQ 01000490
4. PTFE/NBR manlid seal
This manlid seal combines the resilience and compression set resistance of nitrile NBR rubber with the outstanding chemical resistance of PTFE.
The seal’s rectangular elastomeric core is enveloped on three sides (ie, top and bottom sealing faces and the inside diameter) with virgin PTFE.
– Excellent chemical resistance.
– Withstands repeated opening/closing cycles without loss of sealing integrity.
– The PTFE envelope makes the sealing faces and inside diameter chemically inert to media in the range pH 0-14 including all bulk liquid cargoes in all IMO classes.
– The virgin PTFE is non-absorbent, non-tainting, and hygienic for use with foodstuffs and edible oils.
– Tank maximum pressure: 4bar
– Maximum temperature: +110°C
– Minimum temperature: -25°C
– Four standard sizes
– Type 500: for 500mm hatches, with seal section of 14mm x 14mm.
– Type 500: for 500mm hatches, with seal section of 10mm x 14mm.
– Type 475: for 475mm hatches, with seal section of 10mm x 10mm.
– Type 300: for 300mm hatches, with seal section of 14mm x 14mm.
JW tank container seal order codes
– Type 500 (14mm x 14mm): TC 0000500
– Type 500 (10mm x 14mm): TC 1014500
– Type 475 (10mm x 10mm): TC 0000475
– Type 300 (14mm x 14mm): TC 0000300